“Let Syria and Assad protect the Kurds and fight Turkey for their own land. I said to my Generals, why should we be fighting for Syria and Assad to protect the land of our enemy? Anyone who wants to assist Syria in protecting the Kurds is good with me, whether it is Russia, China, or Napoleon Bonaparte. I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!”
President Donald Trump, Oct. 14, 2019
Is President Trump arguing that far away countries are not worth America’s attention?
- Should the U.S. ignore the freedom seekers in Hong Kong?
Distance from Washington, D.C. to Hong Kong: 8,140 miles
- Should the U.S. have avoided confronting Hitler?
Distance from Washington to Berlin: 4,167 miles
- Should the U.S. ignore the threat posed by Russia?
Distance from Washington to Moscow: 4,857 miles
- Should the U.S. have allowed North Korea and the People’s Republic of China to take over South Korea?
Distance from Washington to Seoul: 6,933 miles
- Should the U.S. have skipped the North African campaign in WWII
Distance from Washington to Tobruk, Libya: 5,386 miles
- Should the U.S. abandon Israel?
Distance from Washington to Jerusalem: 5,897 miles
- Should the U.S. ignore the threats posed by the People’s Republic of China? (the only one actually about 7,000 miles away)
Distance from Washington, D.C.to Beijing: 6,928.42 miles
Remind you of anything?